Fair Trade Initiatives
Fair trade has been an on-going issue for a long time, and things are improving – although slowly. DesignerSofas4U can proudly say that we support fair trade in our industry. Our team has developed a Code of Practice to outline the minimum standards of labour we expect from our suppliers when we source any materials from abroad.
We manufacture almost all of our products at our Blackburn based warehouse, although we don’t have the capacity to manufacture everything. As a result, we source various materials and products from countries such as Italy, Sweden and Malaysia.
To make sure our Code of Practice is being followed, DesignerSofas4U regularly visit these suppliers abroad to monitor fair trade practices, and to work hand-in-hand to further develop best practices. This helps us develop long-term business relationships with our suppliers, which helps to make sure that our partners provide:
- Fair wages for all employees.
- Equal opportunities for both men and women.
- Good working conditions.
- Protection against the employment or exploitation of minors.
- Sustainable sourcing of all wood products.
- Increased environmental awareness and responsibility.
- Ongoing orders with the timely payment for all goods providing stability and security.
- The mutual opportunity to grow and develop our businesses.
The UK side of our business focuses on:
- Minimising our waste and recycling as much as is reasonably possible, as well as supporting our local Community Resource Centre.
- Using recycled packaging materials wherever possible.
- Providing a comfortable and enjoyable working environment for our staff.
If you would like to talk with a DesignerSofas4U representative about our Fair Trade Initiative, please contact us today.