- Choosing furniture is very personal and only you know exactly what you want. Take your time when selecting items, colours and sizes. Feel free to contact us if you are unsure about anything. If materials used and construction methods are important to you make sure to ask us about them. Place an order only when you are confident that you will be getting what you want.
- If you're purchasing furniture and you require specific colours to match colours of a existing items you may have, we advise you should not rely entirely on the colours that appear on your computer screen - since photographs can sometimes experience tonal variations. Please make use of our free swatch service and we will endeavour to send you an accurate colour sample by post.
- Measure all access areas and the space available in your room carefully and compare these measurements with the dimensions of the furniture you intend to order to ensure the piece will fit in your home. Please note all our dimensions are given in centimetres and inches to help our customers.
- Take a close look at the access points in your home (doors, staircases, sharp corners) measuring where necessary. Again, compare these measurements with those on the item description page to check if the item will clear all obstacles when it is delivered. If you are in doubt please contact us.
- When your furniture is delivered inspect it closely for any damage or defects. Make sure the delivery person is informed of any problems immediately.
- If you are having work done in your home please be aware that building projects are frequently delayed. If you are unable to take delivery of your furniture when it is ready we will store it for you free of charge for 14 days. Beyond this time period we are obliged to charge weekly storage.
Beds & Mattresses…
FACT: We spend, on average one third of our lives asleep.
A good night’s sleep is fundamental for a good day ahead. An uncomfortable bed, particularly one over 10 years old, is bad for your health. It won’t give you the support you need and can cause numerous aches and pains. This effectively means a distressed night, and a bad start to the following day.
Bedsteads are usually constructed from either metal or wood and are sold as a separate item. Simply add the mattress with the most suitable support for you. Our standard sizes in mattresses (Single / Double / King / Super King) are according to UK dimensions therefore you will not have a situation where the mattress is bigger than the bed or vice-versa. Please note: the dimensions of a bedstead are always greater than a divan base equivalent.
Most bedsteads support a mattress on solid timber slats fixed to the frame. This allows air to circulate around the mattress. A mattress pad on top of the slats protects the mattress from rubbing and splinters.
Some bedsteads come with a metal frame support and integrated sprung wooden slats. These give a softer feel and can prolong the life of the mattress. In most cases bedsteads require a certain amount of assembly to make delivery access easier.
Parties, family gatherings, special occasions are times when you can end up with more guests than you have beds for. That’s why we sell more Sofa Beds than most of our competitors; especially as we manufacture these and have been doing for the past 20 years.
Designer Sofas4u has a wide range of stylish Sofa Beds, both stand alone or as part of a range/collection along side standard sofas and chairs; to make the most of what space you have available.
Dining furniture brings style and practicality to your home and the dining sets we offer do exactly this. Whether it’s a dining set with matching sideboard, an entertainment or display unit, a lamp table or a coffee table it is an important purchase.